Please read and familiarize yourself with these instructions both
BEFORE and AFTER surgery. By following them carefully, you will assist
in obtaining the best possible result from your surgery. If questions
arise, do not hesitate to contact our office and discuss
your questions with us at any time.
- Keep the dressings from your surgery intact and dry. They will be
changed the next day in the office.
- Before your surgery day, purchase a soft fleece head/ear band that
can be found in the skiing apparel section of most sporting goods stores.
- When instructed, apply an antibiotic ointment to the stitches behind
your ears, once a day.
- Keep the stitches behind your ears free of water during bathing
activities for one week.
- Elevate your head while you sleep on two or three pillows for the
first three weeks.
- Refrain from exercise for the first three weeks.